- What kind of startups do you accept?
Lead To Win aims to assist businesses with high-growth potential, not all businesses. If your intent is to grow a business that can generate $1 million revenue in the next three years, Lead To Win is for you.
- Is my company too early- or too late-stage to apply?
Lead To Win has been conceived to help early-stage, up-and-running, and later-stage startups grow their business. Your startup has to be capable of generating $1 million revenue.
- Can I apply if I’m not from Ottawa?
Yes. However, given Lead To Win's limited resources, you will need to arrange and fund your own accomodations and transportation.
- What is an Opportunity Review?
At an Opportunity Review, a venture team makes a presentation to external reviewers who have different backgrounds. Reviewers rate the venture team GREEN, YELLOW, or RED using specified criteria. If a GREEN is not achieved, you can present again up to 5 times. For more details click here.
- How many times can I present at an Opportunity Review?
A venture team rated YELLOW or RED is invited to present again up to 5 times. We have found that most ventures achieve a GREEN in 3 to 5 presentations. Venture teams that are rated YELLOW or RED remain in the pre-GREEN phase of the venture creation process.
- What does the Bootcamp provide?
Lead To Win provides training in the form of formal lectures and lecture notes. In the bootcamp, over the 6 days, in general, you will learn about the following topics:
1. Bootstrapping your startup 7. Mapping sales funnel to cash flow
2. Validating your assertions to make money 8. Patents and trademarks
3. Defining a customer value proposition 9. Capital investment
4. Product differentiation 10. Partnerships
5. Developing a sales funnel 11. Pricing and delivery
6. Creating a sales strategy and driving it 12. Investors & what they look for
In addition upon presenting your opportunity to a team of successful entrepreneurs, you receive valuable, substantive feedback.
- Do the participants need to be in the Bootcamp for the entire time?
Yes. As lectures are all unique and build upon each other, full time attendance is mandatory.
- Do my business partners have to attend the Bootcamp?
Although it is not absolutely required, we strongly recommend that all partners attend the bootcamp.
- I’m not sure if I should apply. Who can I talk to to see if Lead To Win is the right program for me?
You can contact us by emailing email@example.com. Some one will be in touch with you.